We are building a communication app to make work more productive and fun.
Our mission is to reduce the communication overhead.
What is communication overhead?
- Email threads that are impossible to follow
- Chat messages that are impossible to find
- Emails that contain unnecessary (and often broken) HTML
- Chat groups that are set up for a purpose but lose their focus
- Emails from trusted sources that never reach you due to spam filters
- Chat notifications that reach you even when you don’t want to be reached
- Emails with too many people in CC
- Chat groups that require knowing someone’s phone number to add them
- Emails that could have been chat messages
- Chat messages that could not have been
We are building a messaging experience that would allow professionls to connect with people outside their organisations reliably and with more ease than ever before. Think email, but without the clutter. Think chatting, but formal.
We are looking to fill a gap between your Digital HQ (a la Slack) and your general purpose chat app (a la WhatsApp) to allow you to send messages to your business contacts without having to establish clunky external connections in your Slack or mix personal with business conversations on your WhatsApp.
And we’re doing that with an aim to reduce the amount of time it takes to read and write relevant messages.
Messaging apps should be about the messaging and not the apps. Anything that’s not messaging is communication overhead.
Birdy is built with love and care by SIA Birdy McBirdface, a team based in Riga, Latvia.
See ya later! 🪴